Monday, November 1, 2010

XBOX 360 Slim Review

Follow up to my XBOX 720 post

So the "The New Xbox 360" has been out for couple months now, I thought I would give a review of it and do a short follow up to my Xbox 720 post.

I will be reviewing the 250GB version.(the only different from the other version is the size of the hard drive)

Design - The smaller design is one of my favorite changes to the system, it now fits in my entertainment stand without laying it on its side. I'm not a fan of the glossy finish, it's a finger print magnet and I notice on mine it seems to scratch easy. The hard drive is no longer on the outside, it now is inside of the console on the bottom side. Unfortunately you can't replace the hard drive like the Playstation 3

Touch Sensitive Buttons - Now instead of press buttons, all you have to do is swipe your finger across it to active. I'm split on this feature, on one hand it is nice to swipe your finger and your done but on the other hand it's little too easy to accidentally press the buttons, if your where adjusting the system. 
Disc Reading Volume - I very happy to report the disc drive is quieter that the older version, but I wouldn't label "Whisper Quiet" like Microsoft would have you believe, unless the game is install on the hard drive. 
Built In Wireless - One of the things that I wanted from the next Xbox that has made it into this current system. It is nice to be able to connect to the internet without cables. On a side note since I wrote my Xbox 720 article I have figure out how to connect to the school internet without going thought Cisco Clean Access. 
Red Ring of Death - This time around the 360 can't red ring, since Microsoft didn't include the red LEDs! Since the new system have been out I haven't  heard any reports about the system failing, unlike the previous version.

So all in all the new Xbox 360 brought some much needed improvements. If you looking to buy Xbox 360 or trade in your old version for the new version, you will not be disappointed.


"The New Xbox 360" receives  8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment